Monday 9 September 2013

Seeds of 'morrow.



New Life
and
Seeds of ‘morrow.
              
A tiny seed falls softly in the early morning mist…………..

In God’s creation under the sky,
All are given a time to die.
Some will know the pain and sorrow,
For them there will be no tomorrow.
Some will discover the joy of living,
And find new lasting love in giving,
But to be lifted high, like the seed,
First we must fade and die.

Unknown, unseen a colourful mass.
Opens ready to enfold this helpless un-born.
This tiny seed that begins to soak in the sun’s warmth and breathe…………New Life!
Now it can break free! No longer entangled in deadly weed.
It’s roots now safe  at last.
Firmly embedded in God’s rich soil.
In this child; “in need”. I longed to know?
Or is it only a dream?

“Bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh”,
This perfect creation, this delicate new-born.
I now treasure deep within.
This precious gift of love freely given,
A life to cherish, to have and to hold,
Not given in terror, or fear, or infection of old.
This is surely no dream, this child I enfold.

It is then that we shall know the truth,
That only God’s peace can release,
Taking away all suffering and pain,
Only His love can redeem and fill us with joy,
Then we will breathe and be set free!
No more fear or pain or sorrow,
Only love, joy and peace,
Will light the way……….and the ‘morrow.

My burdens to heavy to combat this fight,
Please let me breathe and set me free,
Free now and forever from dreaded disease,
That love and joy,
Can set me free, release me and give me,
Everlasting Peace!
By Margo Cooper





No comments:

Post a Comment